American Dairy Association North East (ADANE), a dairy farmer funded organization in the Northeast region is looking to hire a Dairy Checkoff Confidence Specialist. The Dairy Checkoff Specialist is responsible for working with dairy farmers, dairy processors, and dairy cooperatives to maintain current dairy promotion checkoff funding sources to support the organization and secure additional dairy promotion checkoff funds. The position reports to the SVP of Industry Relations. The Specialist will develop and maintain positive relationships with dairy farmers and key dairy industry leaders to ensure dairy checkoff funding is directed to ADANE to continue the mission of building demand for the sale of milk and dairy products.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with dairy farmers, dairy cooperatives, dairy processors, dairy industry/business representatives and others throughout the ADANE region to enhance the support for dairy checkoff and its programs.
- Maintain current dairy checkoff funding sources and secure additional funds by holding meetings with dairy farmers and key dairy industry leaders, processors, and cooperatives to effectively communicate the programs and strategies of the organization.
- Deliver sustaining presentations that shares the value of dairy checkoff promotion, farmer involvement, goals, and objectives of ADANE programs throughout the region.
- Possess the use of a strong working knowledge of dairy farms in the region with emphasis on Pennsylvania and New York to actively locate where new opportunities are to secure additional funding for ADANE programs.
- Represent ADANE at state, regional, and national industry meetings and /or events as needed.
- Analyze current dairy checkoff funding sources and industry production trends to identify opportunities and threats to the organization’s funding base.
- Manage assigned projects to meet established goals, which includes planning, coordinating and implementation of the projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, business, or related fields.
- Five or more years of demonstrated related industry work experience in a dairy or agriculture background is required.
- Sales oriented style communications skills are required.
- Knowledge of dairy industry and dairy checkoff programs in the American Dairy Association North East service region is required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Proven self-motivator with a results-driven approach is required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle to travel as duties require frequent local, regional, multi-state and national travel. Weekend travel with some overnight stay is required.
- Expected to travel throughout the entire service region of American Dairy Association North East as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively create, compose, and present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Effectively lead projects from planning to successful completion. A self-starter and reliable.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures. Attention to details.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including word processing, data entry and reporting, spreadsheets, and presentations using standard software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community with a high degree of emotional intelligence and minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency in using all software included in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
This position will be based in the state of Pennsylvania of the American Dairy Association North East service territory.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobIRS@milk4u.org
Visit us at www.americandairy.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer