The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is looking for an Executive Administrative Specialist. Reporting directly to the CFO and CEO, the Executive Administrative Specialist (EAS) will work with the C Suite, to provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The EAS additionally serves as a key liaison to the board of directors and senior management team. This position organizes and coordinates executive outreach and oversees special projects. The EAS will serve as the point person for coordinating the logistics and details of internal and external staff work group meetings also. Having the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, the EAS must exercise strong written and verbal communication, and administrative skills, while maintaining a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Administrative Specialist will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Provide support and project management for a range of initiatives led by the CFO and/or CEO. Manages special projects and other related duties for the C -Suite, as necessary.
- Provide support to the ADANE Board and PDPP Board as well as several board committees. Schedule and arrange meetings, compile, and distribute materials, attend meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and maintain corporate documents.
- Serves as Key Liaison/Gatekeeper with all Board Members. Compose, edit, design, and format documents for Board of Directors.
- Plan and oversee logistical arrangements for board and board committee meetings, including space and facility needs, meals and refreshments, supplies, and technology. (Meetings are held around the territory.)
- Complete expense reports for reimbursement for directors per by-laws.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for board members, including flights and lodging for national meetings. Distributes timely and high-quality board materials to responsible boards and to industry representatives as directed.
- Serves as the point person for coordinating meetings and communications to staff at ADANE. Schedule internal and external meetings, coordinating all logistics and details, providing relevant preparation materials, and ensuring appropriate follow-up. Works with the Staff conference committee on logistics for the semi-annual staff meetings for C-Suite.
- Works with CFO to maintains corporate goal reporting software and provides monthly reporting on goal attainment for all work groups. Provides necessary training to staff on software capabilities and keeps updated on all enhancements.
- Work with CFO on reporting and presentations to funding boards as directed. Collaborates with senior staff for overall consistent branding of presentations/documentation.
- Maintains Staff and Board of Director Directories, Employee Service Recognitions/ awards and other duties as assigned by CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or a related field, a must.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing projects and initiatives in an office administrative position, preferably at an executive level.
- Experience working under pressure and managing multiple, competing tasks and priorities.
- Experience drafting agendas, presentations, reports, and correspondence on behalf of senior executives.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Travel throughout the entire ADANE service area occasionally required, could be local, regional and or multi-state for required meetings.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Robert’s Rule of Order and board meeting protocol.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solution.
- Ability to operate with proficiency: computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner, and calculator.
- Computer Software proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, smart cell phone technology and virtual meetings web base software.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
The work location for the position will be at the ADANE corporate office in Syracuse, NY.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobEAS@Milk4u.org
Visit us at www.americandairy.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer