The Experiential Marketing team of American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is part of the Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) department. IMC is responsible for overall image management, multimedia communications, and marketing activities on behalf of dairy farmers within the ADANE region. The service region of ADANE includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and four counties in northern Virginia.
The Experiential Marketing Specialist will create and lead enterprise-wide meetings and events that align with and forwards the company’s mission, strategy, and priorities. As a member of the events planning team, the Specialist will develop and execute strategies that bring a 21st century experience to attendees and ensure that each event/meeting is delivering optimal business value. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in event programming, project publicity, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creative, and collaborative environment.
- Work closely with other program teams/owners of meeting content to deliver themes consistent with and aligned to company strategy and priorities.
- Lead negotiations, contract management and coordination with vendor partners such as conference centers, hotels, catering firms, production companies, audiovisual specialists and set builders.
- Identify improvement and streamlining opportunities and work processes to optimize the value and efficiency of the team’s workplan. Will require looking broadly across the organization’s business areas that currently plan meetings and events to be held virtually or at offsite locations.
- Work closely and effectively with leadership across the company, external VIP’s, guests, vendors, and all levels of employees.
- Create and manage project timelines, schedule project meetings and coordinate activities of each program that he/she leads including developing program content and interactive event engagement- includes both in-person and virtual live events. Manage project organization; prepare production notes and create and/or obtain related support materials, i.e., signage, talking points, press releases, etc.
- Help create and maintain an event master plan with input from stakeholders that will build and maintain database of vendors for various projects. Manage event logistics including room scheduling, event talent and speakers, catering, transportation/parking, AV, deliveries, product donation, staffing needs, on-site operations and more as indicated.
- Obtain all necessary permits and insurance certifications. Responsible for on-site set-up and tear-down.
- Assist with and develop post-event follow-up activity, including data entry, analysis, and reports for event stakeholders.
- Mobilize, train and schedule volunteers (employees and others) to work at events. Arrange for food and beverages when necessary. Coordinate logistics, security, parking, and other event details as needed.
- Maintain inventory of promotional items, handouts, and other materials. Identify and make recommendations for the development of materials. Keep abreast of current exhibit trends and interactive mediums to engage target audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related discipline.
- Five years of experience in large-scale events and promotions.
- Five years of experience working in a corporate environment.
- Well organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multitask is a must.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Certification in the field of event management, convention and/or meeting planning is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and virtual event platform skills
- A valid Driver’s License with a good driving record is a must.
- Ability to travel and work evenings/weekends is required. Travel could be local, regional, and multi-state at times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries as needed to foster collaboration and ensure success of goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with the ability to do presentations comfortably.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, events, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational agility skills to independently get things done and proactively communicate status updates across teams and to upper management.
- Adeptness to deal with ambiguity and paradox.
- Capability to handle multiple, high-visibility activities/priorities.
- Ability to identify future trends and practices and can proactively share learnings with team.
- Project management and team leading abilities from strategy to execution for success.
The work location for the position will be based in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobEMS@milk4u.org
Visit us at www.americandairy.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer