American Dairy Association North East (ADANE), a dairy farmer funded organization in the northeast region is looking to hire an Industry Relations Specialist.
The Industry Promotion Specialist is responsible for developing and directing programs to support grassroots dairy promotion throughout the ADANE region. The position will manage the New York State Dairy Ambassador program and New Jersey Dairy Princess program, while providing direction, support, and materials to the state dairy princess programs and local promotion groups in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and northern Virginia.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in working with volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Manage New York State Dairy Ambassador program and New Jersey Dairy Princess program by coordinating state and county competitions, training seminars and promotional support; maintain dairy ambassador incentive tracking and databases; and coordinate training, materials, and support for dairy princess programs in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and northern Virginia.
- Collaborate with ADANE teams to identify and implement selected retail, school, and communications programs in designated local markets to involve and include dairy farmers, dairy ambassadors, and dairy advocates.
- Develop and lead training workshops to empower state and county dairy ambassadors and promotion committees to reach consumers with ADANE consumer messages. Maintain regular contact with these target groups, provide them with timely and relevant resources, and coordinate dairy ambassador and dairy princess involvement in ADANE activities and events throughout the region.
- Manage farm tour/dairy promotion materials including taking, processing, and tracking orders and maintaining inventory of resources in appropriate quantities.
- Coordinate dairy ambassador functions at New York State Fair, retail samplings and other events as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry communications staff at Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) and other state/regional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, business, or related fields.
- Five or more years of demonstrated related industry work experience in a dairy or agriculture background is required.
- Proven experience working with volunteers is preferred.
- Knowledge of dairy industry and agriculture in the ADANE service region is required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Proven self-motivator with a results-driven approach is required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle to travel as duties require frequent local, regional, multi-state and national travel. Weekend travel with some overnight stay is required.
- Expected to travel throughout the entire service region of ADANE as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively create, compose, and present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Effectively lead projects from planning to successful completion. A self-starter and reliable.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures. Attention to details.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including word processing, data entry and reporting, spreadsheets, and presentations using standard software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community with a high degree of emotional intelligence and minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency in using all software included in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
This position will be based within the American Dairy Association North East service territory.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobIRS@milk4u.org
Visit us at www.americandairy.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer