Industry Relations Specialist
The Industry Relations Specialist for American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is responsible for implementing strategies to build consumer confidence in dairy farmers and dairy farming practices. Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Industry Relations, the position will develop and maintain positive relationships with dairy farmers and key dairy industry leaders to communicate the organization’s goals to build demand for sales of milk and dairy foods on behalf of the region’s dairy farmers.
- Contribute to effective communications strategies to foster dairy farmer involvement and participation in ADANE programs.
- Collaborate with other ADANE work group teams to involve dairy farmers in ADANE programs, including retail and school programs, traditional and social media, in-person, and virtual programs/events.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of dairy farms in the ADANE region and their on-farm practices relating to animal care, environmental stewardship, and community outreach
- Build and maintain positive relationships with dairy farmers and dairy industry/business representatives throughout the region to enhance awareness and support of dairy checkoff and its programs.
- Deliver presentations at dairy farmer and dairy industry meetings to build support and communicate goals and objectives of dairy checkoff.
- Plan and carryout virtual and in-person events to communicate dairy checkoff value to farmer-funders.
Coordinate farmer and dairy industry involvement in American Dairy Association North East events and publicity for Pennsylvania Farm Show and Maryland State Fair.
- Support and contribute to empower and train dairy farmers and advocates to share dairy’s story through social media, media interviews, presentations, and one-on-one interactions with consumers.
- Manage Dairying for Tomorrow award program. Coordinate development of education curriculum.
- Serve as liaison for Dairy Management Inc. farm/farmer-focused activity in the American Dairy Association North East region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry communications staff at DMI and other state/regional organizations.
- Represent American Dairy Association North East at state, regional and national industry meetings and/or events, as appropriate.
- Manage assigned projects to meet established goals, which include planning, coordinating and implementation.
- Reviews the assigned budget and monitors expenses (projects and personal).
- Under the direction of the supervisor, understands and monitors monthly and/or quarterly budgets for programs and projects within their program responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, business, or related fields.
- Five or more years of demonstrated related industry work experience; a dairy or agriculture background is required.
- Knowledge of dairy industry and agriculture in the American Dairy Association North East service region.
Travel as duties requires up to 75 percent of the time.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle to travel as duties require frequent local, regional, multi-state and national travel. Weekend travel with some overnight stay is required.
- Expected to travel throughout the entire service region of American Dairy Association North East as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively create, compose, and present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Effectively lead projects from planning to successful completion. A self-starter and reliable.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures. Attention to details.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including word processing, data entry and reporting, spreadsheets, and presentations using standard software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community with a high degree of emotional intelligence and minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency in using all software included in Microsoft Office suite.
This position will be based in the state of Pennsylvania of the American Dairy Association North East service territory.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobIRS@milk4u.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer