The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE), a non-profit organization is looking for a Youth Nutrition Specialist to service the Eastern MD, South NJ, DE & Washington D.C. area of ADANE territory of coverage.
The Youth Nutrition Specialist is responsible for working with K-12 schools within the ADANE region to execute programs and actions that increase milk and dairy sales throughout the service region market area. Implement school marketing programs and assist with the development and execution of new innovative methods to increase participation in school nutrition programs. Provide consultative support to school nutrition program directors, manage projects, achieve goals under the overall mission and objectives of ADANE.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with, but not limited to school nutrition directors, school administrators, local/state partners e. anti-hunger groups, departments of education and agriculture
- Responsible for successful placement of K-12 school nutrition marketing programs
- Monitor school nutrition regulations to remain abreast of current events and issues
- Develop customized marketing materials to facilitate program placement
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate data that supports school nutrition programs
- Plan and develop conferences for school district decision makers Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field is required
- Five (5) years of experience in child nutrition
- Sales and marketing skills preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and access to a vehicle
- Travel up to 70% during the work week required
- Occasional weekend and overnight travel required
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop, manage and execute clear action plans and
- Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate media activities and promotional
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials with excellent attention to
- Skilled in organizing and establishing
- Ability to engage in clear and detailed oral and written communication with external and internal clients effectively.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective oral and written
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Ability to accurately present information to clients and effectively respond to
- Ability to write routine reports and
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
- Ability to work with minimal
The position will be based within the service territory of American Dairy Association North East. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.