Local Dairy Farmers supporting healthy lifestyles for school age children
Create high energy, celebratory, and immersive experiences to share dairy’s story with the Gen Z community. These events merge education in both nutrition and exercise to promote overall healthy habits in students’ daily lives.
- Connect student ambassadors to dairy farmers, giving them a glimpse of what happens on a dairy farm and how dairy is responsibly produced
- Host ‘taste test battles’ for students so they can choose what menu items they would prefer to be served in their school cafeterias
- Create physical activity breaks like pizza-themed relay races, dairy-themed yoga sessions, game shows, and trivia that teach student ambassadors about dairy farming and the nutritional benefits of dairy foods
- Identify and include relevant high-energy talent to infuse inspiration and engagement to make dairy’s story resonate with the Gen -Z audience using personalities like:
- Emcees: Gia Peppers, Christian Crosby
- Physical Activity Leaders like Deanna Robinson
- DJ Hollywood
- Yoga and Zumba Instructors
- Team Mascots
- Current and Former professional athletes
Results: Over the past 10 years, thousands of Gen Z students have been empowered to build healthier school environments through events hosted by American Dairy Association North East.