Director of Dairy Industry Image
The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is a non-profit organization supported by more than 12,000 dairy farmers in the northeast region through the dairy check off programs. ADANE is responsible for promoting dairy and its nutritional benefits to 50 million consumers within its marketing region, which includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and four counties in northern Virginia.
The Director of Dairy Industry Image is responsible for developing strategies and implementing programs to enhance confidence in dairy farmers, animal care and their farm management practices throughout the American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) territory. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Industry Relations, the Director of Dairy Industry Image will create and communicate programs that supports the organization’s mission, vision and goals to increase services and build demand for sales of milk and dairy foods on behalf of the region’s dairy farmers. This position will work with farmers, industry and community partnerships to educate and promote efforts to protect and preserve the environment surrounding dairy farms and watersheds in the region while fostering a positive understanding of dairy farm practices.
• Lead initiatives for dairy industry image through community collaboration to motivate people, groups, and organizations to work together to achieve mutually positive environmental conditions for farms, communities and watersheds.
• Develop, communicate and implement projects and programs to increase consumer trust in dairy farmers and their farm management practices to produce quality milk and dairy foods.
• Establish engagement, communication and execution of strategic plans to support priorities of ADANE’s services and programs with key stakeholders to promote the dairy industry’s image.
• Responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating ADANE’s strategic plan to grow consumer trust and demand for dairy. This includes working with and through partners of the dairy industry for engagement and collaboration between dairy farmers, community organizations and the public.
• Prepares and monitors budgets to results monthly to ensure expenses are within agreed budget and objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, business or related fields.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in agriculture, business development, sales and/or professional services roles. Dairy experience strongly preferred.
• Possess a sound understanding of farm management practices, including water and nutrient management, and knowledge of watersheds in the region.
• Ability to build positive relationships with community and industry leaders and dairy farmers.
• Experience with non-profit organizations strongly preferred.
• Develops strategic plans that will vary in depth and the scope of work.
• Ability to organize and accomplish short term goals on time and within budget.
• Negotiates successfully across the organization and with external channels in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Designs realistic plans and goals to determine what direction to take for long range planning.
• Evaluation will be based on performance and results.
• Must have use of reliable, personal vehicle to travel as duties require frequent local, regional, multi-state and national travel 75 percent of the time or more including weekends and some overnight.
• Expected to travel throughout the entire service region of American Dairy Association North East.
• Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively create, compose, and present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Effectively lead projects from planning to successful completion.
• Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of work. Must be a self-starter and reliable.
• Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
• Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including word processing, data entry and reporting, spreadsheets, and presentations using standard software applications.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community with a high degree of emotional intelligence and minimal supervision.
This position will be based out of the Syracuse, NY office of American Dairy Association North East.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobDDII@milk4u.org
Visit us at www.americandairy.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer