School Marketing Specialist - Greater New York City Area
The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is a non-profit organization supported by more than 12,000 dairy farmers through the dairy checkoff programs is seeking to hire a School Marketing Specialist for the Greater New York City area of ADANE. ADANE is responsible for promoting dairy and its nutritional benefits to 50 million consumers within the region which includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and four counties in northern Virginia.
The School Marketing Specialist is responsible for working with K-12 schools within the ADANE region to execute programs and actions that increase milk and dairy sales in schools throughout the American Dairy Association North East market area. This position promotes and implement programs that support the overall mission, goals and objectives of ADANE.
• Deliver relevant and timely information and services to schools about ADANE school programs via a wide range of communication vehicles i.e. public speaking, presentations, conferences, webinars, mailings, etc. to increase awareness and implementation of ADANE's core dairy optimization school programs.
• Participate in school marketing functions by attending and/or staffing tradeshows, educational events, committees and providing public speaking presentations to promote ADANE’s services and school youth programs.
• Ensure strategic alignment of school child nutrition & fitness initiatives with current goals within target accounts.
• Provide support for fundraising to continue/expand other school youth programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics, Marketing sales or related field is required.
• Master’s Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics preferred.
• Three to five years of related experience with school nutrition programs is required.
• SNS credential and/or either of the following LDN, CDN or RD license preferred.
• Marketing and sales experience is required
• School Nutrition Program knowledge and experience is required.
• Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
• Day travel is required. Weekend and overnight work as required to cover events.
• Local, regional, multi-state and national traveling is required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to engage in clear and detailed oral and written communication with external and internal clients effectively.
• Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective oral and written presentations.
• Ability to accurately present information to clients and effectively respond to questions.
• Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate programs.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate media activities and promotional events.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials with excellent attention to details.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Skill in organizing, establishing priorities.
• Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.