Youth Programs Specialist – Greater New York City Area
The Youth Programs Specialist provides consultative services, execute programs and actions that increase milk and dairy sales in schools throughout the American Dairy Association North East market area. This position promotes and implement core youth programs that support the overall mission, goals and objectives of ADANE. Working closely with the Coordinator of Youth Engagement, the Youth Programs Specialist helps to ensure strategic alignment of child nutrition & fitness initiatives.
- Deliver relevant and timely information and services to schools about youth programs via a range of communication vehicles i.e. public speaking presentations, conferences, webinars, mailings, etc. to increase awareness and implementation of ADANE's core dairy optimization school programs.
- Participate in marketing functions by attending and staffing tradeshows and educational events, committees and providing public speaking presentations to promote ADANE’s products, services and youth programs.
- Maintain professional growth and development by participating in child nutrition program training opportunities, professional consultative sales training, strategic and creative thinking, staff meetings, professional certifications, credentialing and more to effectively serve client needs.
- On-going collaboration with ADANE Coordinator of Youth Engagement to ensure strategic alignment of child nutrition & fitness initiatives i.e. Fuel Up to Play 60 with current goals within target accounts. Follow up on related youth programs, events and activities including data collection, grant review and approval.
- Provide support for fundraising to continue/expand FUTP60 and other youth programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or related field is required.
- LDN, CDN or RD license preferred.
- Child Nutrition Program knowledge with sales and marketing skills a must.
- Three to five years related experience with child nutrition programs.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Constant day travel is required.
- Weekend and overnight work as required to cover events.
- Frequent local, regional, multi-state and national traveling is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to engage in clear and detailed oral and written communication with external and internal clients effectively.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective oral and written presentations.
- Ability to accurately present information to clients and effectively respond to questions.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate programs.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate media activities and promotional events.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials with excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skill in organizing, establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
The position will be based within the service territory of American Dairy Association North East.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobYPC@milk4u.org