Dulce de Leche Oreo No-Churn Ice Cream
Jennifer Switzer | Beyond the Butter
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: Overnight to Freeze
2 cups Oreos (approx. 20-25 Oreos), chopped
16 ounces Heavy Whipping Cream, cold
1, 13.4 oz can Nestle’s Dulce de Leche
4 ounces Full Fat Cream Cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Salt
1. Optional first step – before whisking the heavy whipping cream in step 3, you may choose to chill the mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. This is helpful on hot days!
2. In a food processor, add in the Oreos and pulse until the Oreos are very small pieces. Some bigger pieces are okay too! Set aside.
3. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the cold heavy whipping on high speed until stiff peaks form (5-8 minutes).
4. Add the Dulce de Leche, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and salt and continue to whisk on high speed until it returns to stiff peaks. The mixture should be on the lighter, fluffier side and a nice golden-brown color from the Dulce de Leche.
5. Using a spatula, fold in the chopped Oreos.
6. Spoon the mixture into a freezer safe container or a metal loaf pan covered with aluminum foil. If desired, top with more chopped Oreos.
7. Place container in the freezer to firm for 3-4 hours for soft serve style ice cream or 5-6 or overnight for firmer, ‘scoopable’ ice cream.