Mini Patriotic Cheesecakes
Recipe by LaChell Miller, MS, RD, CC
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus 3 hours refrigeration
Cook Time: 35 minutes
1 cup graham crackers, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package Neufchatel cream cheese
1 cup thick vanilla yogurt (Icelandic/Greek), plus 2 tablespoons thick vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 lemon, zest and juiced
1/4 cup strawberries Garnish: Mixed berries and whip cream
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine crackers and butter.
3. Using a pre-lined muffin tin (or well-greased mini cheesecake pan with removable base), press 1 heaping teaspoon of mixture into bottom, creating a crust. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Reduce oven to 300 degrees F.
5. In a mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar on medium-high speed until well combined. Reduce mixer speed and blend in egg. Flavor with vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice. If mixture appears thin, add additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
6. Fill muffin tins with cheesecake mixture and bake approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is almost set and slightly jiggles.
7. Refrigerate 3 hours to set before removing mini cheesecakes from muffin tins.
8. In a blender, puree strawberries.
9. On top of each cheesecake, spread strawberry puree. Garnish with fresh berries and whip cream.