Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
Recipe by Elaine Magee, MPH, RD.
1 can (15 to 16 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 quart regular or lower-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened
1 package (9 oz.) 9-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust
Whipped topping, if desired
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, and spice until well blended.
- Quickly mix pumpkin mixture with the softened ice cream.
- Pour into crumb crust and freeze, uncovered, until firm (a couple of hours).
- When the pie is frozen, cover with plastic wrap and then cover with heavy duty aluminum foil (or place in a freezer bag, squeezing out the air) until ready to serve.
- Thaw pie slightly before serving. Top with whipped topping, if desired.