Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of The Change of Life Diet and Cookbook by registered dietitian and WebMD’s Recipe Doctor, Elaine Magee, MPH, RD.
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 quart regular or lower-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 package (9 oz.) 9-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped topping, if desired
Mix the pumpkin, sugar and spice until well blended. Quickly mix pumpkin mixture with the softened ice cream. Pour into crumb crust and freeze, uncovered, until firm (a couple hours).
When pie is frozen, cover with plastic wrap and then cover with heavy duty aluminum foil (or place in a freezer bag, squeezing out the air) until ready to serve. Thaw pie slightly before serving. Top with whipped topping, if desired.