Cheesy Mini Meatloaves
Renee Kenny, dairy farmer and blogger at Eat Farm Love - eatfarmlove.com
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
The Kenny family love the individual servings of these Cheesy Mini Meatloaves and they are perfect for feeding a crowd or kids as it’s easy to serve. Renee loves to serve these with mashed potatoes or a fresh vegetable like asparagus or green beans.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano (if using dried use about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley (if using dried use about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, diced in small cubes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter into pan and saute the onion and garlic until translucent. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, mustard, seasonings, cheese and egg. Combine well. I like to use my hands to combine the mixture to be sure it is combined. I have also used my mixer before but be careful not to over-mix.
Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire and spread evenly over each mini meatloaf.
Bake for 25 minutes or until done.