Simple 6-ingredient Lasagna
Heather Mangieri, MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN, CEO/Nutrition Consultant at Nutrition CheckUp and author of Fueling Young Athletes.
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups of your favorite sauce (or even homemade)
- 24 ounces of light Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6 pieces of oven ready lasagna noodles (or 102 grams’ total)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Combine the light ricotta cheese with the parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Slice the tomatoes thin. Begin to layer lasagna:
- Cover over the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish with sauce
- Place two pieces of dry lasagna noodles to cover the bottom.
- Cover dry noodles with a thick layer of cheese mixture and then lay tomato slices over the cheese
- Covering with sauce
- Add another layer of noodles, cheese mixture (use the rest of the cheese mixture), tomatoes, and sauce.
- Add a third layer of noodles, cover with sauce and another layer of tomato slices tomatoes slices.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top it off with pepper, basil and parsley as desired of course. Finally cover with foil and let it bake for 35 minutes then serve accordingly.