Turkey and Sweet Potato Wrap
Recipe created by Chef Priscila Satkoff, chef/owner of Salpicón, Chicago, on behalf of 3-Every-Day™ of Dairy
Yield: make 8 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium, reduced-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups boneless cooked turkey, cubed
- 3/4 cup dry stuffing mix
- 8 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapeño peppers, for garnish (optional)
In a large saucepan, place onion, sweet potato, chicken broth, celery, salt, sage and pepper. Bring to a simmer, over medium-low heat, and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Stir turkey and stuffing mix into vegetable mixture and heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently or until heated through and mixture has thickened.
Heat 1 tortilla in a dry skillet over medium heat; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese and top with 1/2 cup of the filling. Allow cheese to melt for 10 seconds and remove from skillet. Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place seam side down on serving plate. Top with sliced jalapeño peppers, if desired.
Calories: 330, Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Sodium: 670 mg, Calcium: 25% Daily Value, Protein: 26 g, Carbohydrates: 51 g, Dietary Fiber: 5.