ADA North East’s Virtual Farm Tours have been viewed more than 206,000 times, and the “Fun on the Farm” Facebook series has racked up 1.6 million views since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic eight weeks ago.
Virtual Farm Tours
The Virtual Farm Tour’s 206,500 views is a jump from the initial 23,000 views in the three-season series before the quarantine began. Geared toward age groups ranging from Pre-K to high school, the tours invited classrooms on a free, live visit to a farm with real-time interaction with each dairy farmer.
The tours were hosted by:
- Nate Chittenden, Dutch Hollow Farm in Schodack Landing, N.Y.
- Hannah Worden, Will-O-Crest Farm, Clifton Springs, N.Y.
- Joy Widerman, Jo-Bo Farm, Gettysburg, Pa.,
- George Andrew, El-VI Farms in Newark, N.Y.;
- Katie Dotterer-Pyle, Cow Comfort Inn Dairy in Union Bridge, Md.
Fun on the Farm Facebook Series
ADA North East’s new “Fun on the Farm” Facebook series has garnered more than 1.6 million views since starting eight weeks ago.
This week’s featured farm, Snider Homestead in New Enterprise, Pa., will show the dairy operation through the eyes of the young children who live on the farm by introducing their favorite cows and talking about their daily farm chores.
The series runs each weekday at 10 a.m., on our Facebook page. Previous episodes covered cow care, a farm sing-along, dairy product processing, cooking with dairy, on-farm recycling, farm technology, and dairy and fitness.
Read blogs about previous Fun on the Farm Series and their hosts:
- Week 1: Katie Dotterer-Pyle, Cow Comfort Inn Dairy, Union Bridge, Md.
- Week 2: Jessica Peters, Spruce Row Farm, Meadville, Pa.
- Week 3: Lolly Lesher, Way-Har Farm, Bernville, Pa.
- Week 4: Renee Norman-Kenny, Kenny Dairy Farm, Enon Valley, Pa.
- Week 5: Johanna Bossard, Barbland Dairy, Fabius, N.Y.
- Week 6: Katie Dotterer-Pyle, Cow Comfort Inn Dairy, Union Bridge, Md.
- Week 7: Kelsey O'Shea, Mapleview Dairy, Madrid N.Y.
- Week 8: Emily Shaw, Dairy Girl Fitness
About American Dairy Association North East
American Dairy Association North East (ADA North East) is the dairy farmer-funded organization funded by participating dairy farmer’s checkoff investment to build demand and sales for milk and dairy foods throughout the local region. Representing more than 10,000 dairy farm families in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and northern Virginia, ADA North East develops and implements local programs to drive milk and dairy sales at retail outlets and in schools. The organization also conducts consumer education about dairy through events, traditional and social media, and in collaboration with health professionals through National Dairy Council®. ADA North East works closely with Dairy Management Inc.™, the national dairy checkoff organization, to support nutrition research, national partnerships and developing export markets for dairy to bring a fully integrated promotion program to the region. For more information, visit www.AmericanDairy.com or call our Main Office at 315-472-9143.