ADA North East and other agricultural organizations are rallying to support dairy farm families and employees as we navigate the Coronavirus crisis. Below are several resources.
Center for Dairy Excellence offers these combined free online resources:
- COVID-19 overview published by National Milk Producers Federation
- COVID-19 fact sheet published by Alltech
- Crisis planning resources published by Farm Journal’s MILK
- Stress and wellness resources published by Farm Journal’s MILK
- Financial planning resources published by Center for Dairy Excellence.
The New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health offered “Show and Tell: Communicating Basic Hygiene to Farm Employees.”
1. Keep it Simple. More than half of U.S. adults have limited literacy skills, and nine out of 10 have trouble understanding complex health information. Use the “Do the Five” public service announcement from the World Health Organization.
2. Show. When it comes to hand washing, show how it’s done. Share these videos from the CDC:
- In English: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/videos.html
- In Spanish: https://www.cdc.gov/cdctv/spanish/healthyliving/acabe-con-los-microbios.html
Illustrated posters on personal hygiene are available in English and Spanish on the NYCAMH website: https://www.nycamh.org/resources/posters.php
3. REPEAT. Continue to remind workers to wash their hands. Place simple signs or posters in key locations, such as in bathrooms, entryways, exits, where they cook, and where they clock in or out.
About American Dairy Association North East
American Dairy Association North East (ADA North East) is the dairy farmer-funded organization funded by participating dairy farmer’s checkoff investment to build demand and sales for milk and dairy foods throughout the local region. Representing more than 10,000 dairy farm families in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and northern Virginia, ADA North East develops and implements local programs to drive milk and dairy sales at retail outlets and in schools. The organization also conducts consumer education about dairy through events, traditional and social media, and in collaboration with health professionals through National Dairy Council®. ADA North East works closely with Dairy Management Inc.™, the national dairy checkoff organization, to support nutrition research, national partnerships and developing export markets for dairy to bring a fully integrated promotion program to the region. For more information, visit www.AmericanDairy.com or call our Main Office at 315-472-9143.