School Marketing Specialist - Northeastern and Southeastern New York State
The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE), a non-profit organization, is looking for a person with experience in the K-12 school market for food service and child nutrition programs. The candidate will be tasked with executing current school marketing programs and assisting with the development and execution of new innovative programs and methods to drive child nutrition program participation for region from Northeastern New York State to Southeastern New York State. The candidate must possess and demonstrate a strong child nutrition program knowledge base, provide consultative support to child nutrition program directors, be independent and autonomous to balance diverse duties, manage projects, achieve team and individual goals and meet established deadlines. The School Marketing Specialist must develop and maintain strong strategic partnerships with a variety of key school stakeholders, including school nutrition program directors and school administrators, to promote and implement fact-based programmatic strategies designed to improve child health and wellness through increased access to healthy school meals and physical activity.
• Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with targeted school nutrition directors, school districts and local and state partners, including Departments of Health, Education and Agriculture.
• Support the implementation of national and local marketing programs designed for school and child nutrition program outreach.
• Collaborate to develop and conduct summits, workshops and tools for school nutrition personnel and key school stakeholders to convey key program message points. This will be done by utilizing current results and resources to support program implementation.
• Provide data that supports evaluation of child nutrition and fitness programs and school food service marketing programs.
• Monitor child nutrition trends, keeping abreast of current events and issues.
• Candidate must be able to travel within and outside of assigned territory as indicated to fulfill program need
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics, Marketing or related field is required.
• Five years of experience in child nutrition and school food service.
• Registered Dietitian, licensed SNS, LDN, or CDN a plus.
• School Nutrition Program knowledge with sales and marketing skills required.
• Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and access to a vehicle.
• Routine day travel is required.
• Weekend and overnight stay occasionally as required.
• Local, regional, multi-state and national travel is required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to develop, manage and execute clear action plans and projects.
• Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate programs.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate media activities and promotional events.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials, with excellent attention to details.
• Skilled in organizing and establishing priorities.
• Ability to engage in clear and detailed oral and written communication with external and internal clients effectively.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective oral and written presentations.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
• Ability to accurately present information to clients and effectively respond to questions.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite
The position will be based in a home office within the service territory of American Dairy Association North East.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobYPC@milk4u.org