Dairy checkoff partners Domino’s, Taco Bell and McDonald’s grew overall dairy sales between 3-6% in 2021! Checkoff dairy scientists helped the power partners develop dairy-centric recipes, including:
Domino’s – cheesy marinara and 5-cheese dips paired with parmesan or garlic twists
Taco Bell – launched the Quesalupa that uses 7 times more cheese than a regular taco!
McDonald’s – featured its ice cream-based McFlurries in consumer promotions to boost dairy sales
Checkoff also expanded its expectations of the power partners to include:
- The ability to drive similar changes with other foodservice chains
- A commitment to continue investing in dairy
- Strengthen the ability to reach consumers, thought leaders and influencers in more ways
- Sharing dairy farmer values and priorities
This domestic partnership blueprint is also taking hold overseas and growing U.S. dairy sales. Examples include:
- Pizza Hut Asia-Pacific has grown U.S. cheese volume by 136% since the partnership began in 2016!
- Pizza Hut Malaysia has grown its U.S. cheese use 33% through consumer promotion and delivery
- Domino’s Middle East introduced its ½ Kilo Cheese Pizza that features more than 1 pound of U.S. cheese per pizza!