ADA North East and other agricultural organizations are rallying to support dairy farm families and employees as we navigate the Coronavirus crisis. Below are several resources.
Center for Dairy Excellence offers these combined free online resources:
- COVID-19 overview published by National Milk Producers Federation
- COVID-19 fact sheet published by Alltech
- Crisis planning resources published by Farm Journal’s MILK
- Stress and wellness resources published by Farm Journal’s MILK
- Financial planning resources published by Center for Dairy Excellence.
The New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health offered “Show and Tell: Communicating Basic Hygiene to Farm Employees.â€_x009d_
1. Keep it Simple. More than half of U.S. adults have limited literacy skills, and nine out of 10 have trouble understanding complex health information. Use the “Do the Fiveâ€_x009d_ public service announcement from the World Health Organization.
2. Show. When it comes to hand washing, show how it’s done. Share these videos from the CDC:
- In English: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/videos.html
- In Spanish: https://www.cdc.gov/cdctv/spanish/healthyliving/acabe-con-los-microbios.html
Illustrated posters on personal hygiene are available in English and Spanish on the NYCAMH website: https://www.nycamh.org/resources/posters.php
3. REPEAT. Continue to remind workers to wash their hands. Place simple signs or posters in key locations, such as in bathrooms, entryways, exits, where they cook, and where they clock in or out.