Content Marketing Specialist
Under the supervision of the Director of Content Marketing and Digital Strategy, the Content Marketing Specialist works with internal and external content/project owners across multiple teams to create content for multiple platforms, including traditional publications, events, social media, infographics, video and multi-media. The Specialist will manage the development and execution of American Dairy Association North East’s content and storytelling ensuring that social media and digital content efforts will build brand/products/services awareness for our regional consumers. He/She mobilizes, motivates, and collaborates with internal content stakeholders/team leaders/project owners, and IMC team members to drive the editorial calendar, taking the initiative to provide editorial recommendations that enhances cross-functional collaboration within the entire organization.
- Research, write and edit copy for a variety of content including but not limited to: blogs, social media, video scripts/storyboards, websites and email. Create and integrate original content, including print, text images, video and social media.
- Maintain a repository of ever green story ideas from assigned ‘beats’. Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of quality and tone of voice, for all channels.
- Mobilize, motivate, and collaborate with internal content stakeholders, business group managers, team members, and regions for development of content.
- Manage the editorial process of assigned content areas including the development and distribution initiatives to deliver need-based results for the entire organization.
- Work with the design team on the graphic design and visuals to support digital content. Provide on-site support and serve as communications team liaison for photographer, videographer, media, athletes and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- Travel to organizational events to develop story ideas for those events as well as evergreen stories for future use. Travel can include overnight, evening and weekends.
Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Develop and publish engaging content to build brand and product awareness to our social media communities. Ensure all assigned social media platforms are updated and maintained.
- Implement Social Listening program and develop supporting analysis/ reporting. Manage the archival of all communications information for future needs and reference and assure that all communications, including traditional and digital media are tracked.
- Develop campaigns to acquire new followers across our social media sites. Attend special company events and publish content to share with our followers.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of digital campaigns across multiple markets. Monitor and evaluate competitor activity in the social and digital space to adapt and modify short- and long-term programs as needed in alignment with company objectives.
- Participate in daily/weekly team meetings on staff activities, content strategies and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or digital media and marketing.
- Five years of professional experience with a minimum of three years developing content for and/or managing social media channels for an established organization.
- Highly effective writing skills for multiple audiences and channels.
- Experience managing junior Content Developers/Writers; being an editorial/mentor to these individuals.
- Experience with key social media channels and knowledge of and experience with SEO.
- Excellent research and writing skills, and demonstrated ability to structure large amounts of information for media distribution that is clear and easy to understand.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a geographically distributed team
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record required.
- Frequent travel during the week to cover events with some overnight stays and occasional weekend work is required. Local, regional, multi-state and national traveling is frequently required throughout the entire the ADANE service area.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external partners through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skill of organizing and accomplishing goals on time and within budget. Ability to identify and establish budgets.
- Skill of creative thinking and generating unique ideas.
- Problem solving and analytical skills. Proficient project management skills.
- Ability to make decisions by selecting a course of action when appropriate.
- Ability to collaborate with others internally and externally.
- Effective public speaking skills. Ability to work independently or a team environment.
- Strong attention to details and sense of personal responsibility for one’s work.
- Ability to take corrective action when results differ significantly from the plan.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills, knowledge of web standards and protocols.
The position will be based out of the Philadelphia, PA office of American Dairy Association North East.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobCMS@milk4u.org