Industry Relations Specialist – Pennsylvania/Maryland Area
The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE), a non-profit is looking for a person who can develop and maintain positive relationships with dairy farmers and other key dairy industry leaders to share the value of the dairy checkoff program throughout the American Dairy Association North East service region.
• Collaborate on farmer role(s), schedule, and host dairy farmers at ADANE events, including but not limited to Fuel Up to Play 60, Great American Milk Drive, Fill a Glass with Hope and other consumer-facing and school events.
• Plan, coordinate and execute farmer-focused events including Keystone Farm Show, Dairy Summit, Ag Progress Days and other events. Plan and coordinate PDPP luncheon at Ag Progress Days.
• Coordination and scheduling of staff attendance at dairy cooperative and other industry meetings.
• Deliver presentations at dairy farmer and dairy industry meetings to build support and communicate goals and objectives of dairy checkoff.
• Support and contribute to spokesperson training programs to empower and train dairy farmers and advocates to share dairy's story through social media, media interviews, presentations and one-on-one conversations with consumers.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with dairy farmers and dairy industry/business representatives throughout the region to enhance awareness and support of dairy checkoff and its programs. Conduct one-on-one and small group meetings, as needed.
• Assist Industry Communication Specialist in creating presentations, talking points and handout materials for dairy farmer meetings and industry audiences.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry communications staff at DMI and other state/regional organizations.
• Represent American Dairy Association North East at state, regional and national industry meetings and/or events, as appropriate.
• Assist in responsible management of the industry relations budgets to assure effective and efficient use of funding.
• Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, business or related fields.
• Five or more years of demonstrated related dairy industry work experience; a dairy or agriculture background is required.
• Knowledge of dairy industry and agriculture in the American Dairy Association North East service region.
• Travel as duties require up to 75 percent of the time.
• Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle to travel as duties require frequent local, regional, multi-state and national travel. Weekend travel with some overnight stay is required.
• Expected to travel throughout the entire service region of American Dairy Association North East as needed.
• Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively create, compose, and present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Effectively lead projects from planning to successful completion.
• Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
• Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
• Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Must be a self-starter and reliable.
• Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including word processing, data entry and reporting, spreadsheets, and presentations using standard software applications.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community with a high degree of emotional intelligence and minimal supervision.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite
The position will be based in the southern part of the American Dairy Association North East territory.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD insurances and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to: JobIRS@milk4u.org
Visit us at www.americandairy.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer