To recognize local dairy farmers and showcase the unique actions they take, on and off the farm, to help sustain and improve the dairy industry.
To reward dairy farmers or dairy farm families who display a passion for dairying and use practices that will help lead their dairy, and our industry, into the future.
An overall winner and honorable mention will be presented in each of the three categories (Animal Care, Community Outreach, and Environmental Stewardship). These winners must reside and farm in ADA North East territory. All recognized farms will receive a “Dairying for Tomorrow” barn sign to display.
Finalists must take part in a farm walk-through with an ADA North East staff member to qualify. This walk-through will include a brief tour of the farm and confirmation of all information submitted on the nomination form.
The overall winner in each category will receive a donation of $1,000 in their name to one of two ADA North East retail or school initiatives, which drive dairy sales and develop young consumers’ enjoyment of dairy: $1,000 in dairy products to a regional food bank or $1,000 to a local school to support the storage and delivery of dairy for students. Honorable Mentions will receive an award of $500 to one of the programs mentioned above.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be located within ADA North East territory.
- The farm must currently be shipping milk.
- All nominees must be willing to share the submission with the industry, media and/or public.
- The farm must be enrolled and in good standing in the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) FARM Animal Care Program.
- The contact name and phone number of two non-family and/or farm partner references must be included in application.
- All entries received, and any materials submitted as part of the nomination, become the property of ADA North East and will not be returned.
- Online submissions only.
- Nominations may come from any affiliate of the farm including, but not limited to owner, employee, veterinarian, nutritionist, feed salesman, extension agent, etc.
- Nominees may only be recognized in one category.
- The online submission period runs June 15, 2021, through August 16, 2021. For questions on the award or application process, please contact Beth Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dairying for Tomorrow award program is sponsored by American Dairy Association North East. Read the full contest rules here.