ADA North East’s Virtual Farm Tours have been viewed more than 206,000 times, and the “Fun on the Farmâ€_x009d_ Facebook series has racked up 1.6 million views since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic eight weeks ago.
Virtual Farm Tours
The Virtual Farm Tour’s 206,500 views is a jump from the initial 23,000 views in the three-season series before the quarantine began. Geared toward age groups ranging from Pre-K to high school, the tours invited classrooms on a free, live visit to a farm with real-time interaction with each dairy farmer.
The tours were hosted by:
- Nate Chittenden, Dutch Hollow Farm in Schodack Landing, N.Y.
- Hannah Worden, Will-O-Crest Farm, Clifton Springs, N.Y.
- Joy Widerman, Jo-Bo Farm, Gettysburg, Pa.,
- George Andrew, El-VI Farms in Newark, N.Y.;
- Katie Dotterer-Pyle, Cow Comfort Inn Dairy in Union Bridge, Md.
Fun on the Farm Facebook Series
ADA North East’s new “Fun on the Farmâ€_x009d_ Facebook series has garnered more than 1.6 million views since starting eight weeks ago.
This week’s featured farm, Snider Homestead in New Enterprise, Pa., will show the dairy operation through the eyes of the young children who live on the farm by introducing their favorite cows and talking about their daily farm chores.
The series runs each weekday at 10 a.m., on our Facebook page. Previous episodes covered cow care, a farm sing-along, dairy product processing, cooking with dairy, on-farm recycling, farm technology, and dairy and fitness.
Read blogs about previous Fun on the Farm Series and their hosts:
- Week 1: Katie Dotterer-Pyle, Cow Comfort Inn Dairy, Union Bridge, Md.
- Week 2: Jessica Peters, Spruce Row Farm, Meadville, Pa.
- Week 3: Lolly Lesher, Way-Har Farm, Bernville, Pa.
- Week 4: Renee Norman-Kenny, Kenny Dairy Farm, Enon Valley, Pa.
- Week 5: Johanna Bossard, Barbland Dairy, Fabius, N.Y.
- Week 6: Katie Dotterer-Pyle, Cow Comfort Inn Dairy, Union Bridge, Md.
- Week 7: Kelsey O’Shea, Mapleview Dairy, Madrid N.Y.
- Week 8: Emily Shaw, Dairy Girl Fitness