Are you looking for an energy boost? Whether you’re staying up late to study, gearing up for a game, or preparing for your next meeting, taking a moment to reset yourself with dairy will help you stay energized.
One of the great things about dairy is that it helps you fuel up without the crash. Dairy products have the perfect combination of carbohydrates, protein, and fat, which gives you a quick boost and helps in sustaining energy, keeping you feeling full and satisfied. They are also one of the more versatile food groups when it comes to pairing with other foods. Milk, cheese, and yogurt serve as a delicious foundation for building meals to get you through the day.
Want to make quick and easy long-lasting energy snacks and meals? Let’s bring it back to the basics by elevating comfort foods, and keeping ingredients and equipment as simple as ever. There’s no need to overcomplicate the easy source of protein that dairy provides since it can fit perfectly into any meal of the day.
When thinking of energy-boosting combinations, simply break it down by:
- Food groups
- Flavor profiles
Ask yourself, do you want something sweet or savory, or maybe a mix of both? First, choose your dairy delight: milk, cheese, or yogurt. Next, choose a carbohydrate: whole grains, fruits, or vegetables. Put them together, and you have a delectable dairy duo!
Here are some fan favorite dairy combos for when you need to stay energized:
- Cook your morning oats in milk. Put a power-packed twist on this classic with Baked Oatmeal with Cookie Crumbles.
- Blend up a mixed berry smoothie and top with a vanilla yogurt swirl for the ultimate smoothie bowl.
- Create Cheesy Potato Nachos that you can customize with toppings like cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits for a shareable late-night snack.
- Make a snack plate! Cheese, crackers, veggies, hummus, nuts, and fruit can all have a seat at the table!
- Dinner for one becomes a whole lot easier with Microwave Mug Pizza, a cheesy comfort food straight from the microwave.